Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous. The only qualification for S.L.A.A. membership is a desire to stop living out a pattern of sex and love addiction. S.L.A.A. is supported entirely through contributions of its membership and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction, we draw on five major resources:
1. Sobriety. Our willingness to stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line behaviors on a daily basis.
2. Sponsorship/Meetings. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within S.L.A.A..
3. Steps. Our practice of the Twelve-Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
4. Service. Our giving back to the S.L.A.A. community what we continue to freely receive.
5. Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a Power greater than ourselves that can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship, S.L.A.A. is not affiliated with any organizations, movements, or causes, either religious or secular.
We are, however, united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behavior. We find a common denominator in our obsessive/compulsive patterns, which renders any personal differences of sexual or gender orientation irrelevant.
The Twelve Steps of S.L.A.A.
The Twelve Traditions of S.L.A.A.